Thursday, May 12, 2011

How Men and Women Discuss Relationships

The reputation is that women get together and they talk about relationships over a two hour lunch and then they split up the bill down to the penny and if they catch the waiter trying to listen in on their conversation they stiff him.  But recent research that I have done (meaning I thought about it and came up with this theory) is that men talk about relationships just as much as women do, maybe more.

This may surprise you but, frankly, it appears the men are also much more sensitive about it all too.  Here’s an example:

Woman #1:  Bob just doesn’t communicate with me anymore.  He just comes home and plops down in front of the TV and stares at it until he falls asleep.

Woman #2: I hear you.  My Joe does the same thing.  There is one night a week that’s different though.  I have to admit I get excited every week when Monday comes around… because he goes bowling and I get the house to myself.

(They both laugh.)

Men on the other hand take their relationship talk much more seriously.  Here’s what I mean:

Man #1:  I was watching the Lakers’ game last night and there just doesn’t seem to be any communication going on with them the way they move the ball around.

Man #2: I know what you mean.  I’m really worried about it.  If they keep going this way there won’t be any 3-peat.

Now you see what I mean.  There is genuine concern with the men whereas the women are quite cavalier about this relationship problem and just make a joke about it (and not that funny of one either.)  As it turns out that male conversation above turned out to be very prophetic and I, for one, am very distraught about the Lakers’ loss in the playoffs, stemming from their lack of communication, the cornerstone of any relationship.

Men and women also both talk about sex with their friends pretty equally.  Here’s another example:

Woman #1:  Bob was all horny last night and when I finally got the kids to sleep and went up to the bedroom he was asleep.

Woman #2:  HaHa! Just like a man!

(No one really likes that woman #2.)

Now let’s listen to men discussing sex:

Man #1:  So there I was watching the Lakers and for the first time in a week my wife wants to have sex.

Man #2: Oh my god!  What did you do?

Man #1:  Fortunately I was able to hold her off until halftime.

Man #2:  Cool!  Did you miss any of the game?

Man #1:  No, that was the beauty of the whole thing.  We were done and she had time to make me a snack too before the game was back on.

Man#2:  Oh, that’s beautiful, man.  So it was a win-win for everyone!  Way to go!

Are you following my line of thinking here?  Men – SENSITIVE.  Women, not so much.

Here’s another example that should seal the deal on the sensitivity thing:

Woman #1:  Bob hasn’t bugged me to have sex for weeks now.  I have to admit I’m kind of enjoying it.

Woman #2:  I know what you’re saying.

Here’s the men.  I’ll have to set up this scenario.  They are watching a basketball game and the team they are rooting for make a three point play with only seconds to go, putting them ahead by 5 points.  They jump to their feet and high-five each other.

Man #1:  They (meaning the opposing team) are so screwed now!

They high-five again.

So, you see the men are not only sensitive, but in this example they are also quite passionate about the screwing.  Sensitive and passionate, what a combination!

I don’t know about you but all this relationship talk has somehow put me in the mood to watch some basketball.

darnfunnyonline.com

Posted via email from darnfunnyonline's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment