Thursday, April 22, 2010

In Loving Memory of My Wife, Tracy Yeich

I have to take a break from writing a humor article this week.  If you came here expecting a laugh I apologize but please indulge me for one week as my wife passed away yesterday.

We had a special marriage, 28 years full of love.  She was my wife, my true love and my very best friend ever.  She was my biggest fan and I was hers.  There is nothing she wouldn’t do for me or me for her.  We truly had a unique relationship.

We had so many great friends together.  I’m so used to hearing us referred to as Tracy and Steve, or Steve and Tracy, or Tracy and that big idiot.  Whatever they said the reference was as a tandem and that’s what we were.  We were a team and nothing could stop that, not even death will do it, as she will always be in my heart.

Sorry, I have to take a break because my eyes are leaking all over my keyboard and the screen is hard to read…okay , I’m back.

Tracy was a wonderful being who touched so many people with her loving and caring personality.  When someone called her in need of help she’d usually have their problem solved before the end of the conversation.  Individually she had a many, many friends who are now as upset as I am, but we’ll recover because that’s exactly what she would want us to do.

She was much more than just problem solver though.  She was a giver and a creator of life.  When our daughter became of age to start into school Tracy was not satisfied with the public school system.  So she got involved with a private school to have our daughter go to, to ensure she would get a quality education in a safe environment.  In short order she was running the school and under her it flourished.  To many of the children she was like a second mother.   To some of them a first mother.

Her school was a big part of her life and she ran it with aplomb for 15 years.  Our daughter graduated from the school and she turned out to be a wonderful kid and now a wonderful adult.  With the mother she had it gave her a great head start and it wasn’t likely to turn out any other way.

Tracy was very successful in every endeavor she took on.  She had a unique ability to put on the blinders and make miracles happen out of literally nothing.  She did it many times.  Her next goal was to write children’s books.  She never got to do that but I can guarantee you she would have been good at it.

If it appears I’m gushing over her it’s because I am.  I already told you we were each other’s biggest fans.

She had a great sense of humor (I don’t say that just because she laughed at my jokes) and was so much fun to be with.  Whenever I wrote jokes or articles for this web site she was always the first to see them.  I don’t know that I ever got a truly objective opinion because she would laugh even if she didn’t get the joke but I surely appreciated the support.

Just as she was a success in this life, she will go on to her next life and be successful in that one too.  She loved to organize things, it was her forte.  While I’m not worried about her moving on and doing well it would comfort me to know where she is.  So, if you see a young girl in a couple years with all her toys lined up and very efficiently organized that very well could be Tracy.  I’d appreciate it if you’d let me know that you found her.

darnfunnyonline.com

Posted via web from darnfunnyonline's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment