Monday, June 6, 2011

Funny Sports Quotes

Here are some funny quotes from and about the world of sports:

I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church.
~ Robin Williams, 1982 ~

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
~ Earl Warren ~

Olympism is the marriage of sport and culture.
~ Juan Antonio Samaranch ~

Wrestling is ballet with violence.
~ Jesse Ventura ~

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.
~ Source Unknown ~

This is a really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother.
~ Ted Walsh ~

If at first you don't succeed … So much for skydiving.
~ Henry Youngman ~

Whenever I feel like exercising I lie down until the feeling passes!
~ Robert M. Hutchins ~

Doug Sanders, professional golfer

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the

same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be

perfect.

Mickey Lolich, Detroit Tigers pitcher

All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives "See, there's a fat guy

doing okay. Bring me another beer."

Harry Neale, professional hockey coach

Last year we couldn't win at home, and we were losing on the road. My

failure as a coach was that I couldn't think of anyplace else to play.

Max McGee, Green Bay Packers receiver

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers. I'll take the

whiskey drinkers every time.

Tommy LaSorda, LA Dodgers manager

I found out that it's not good to talk about my troubles. Eighty percent of

the people who hear them don't care, and the other twenty percent are glad

you're having trouble.

E. J. Holub, Kansas City Chiefs linebacker regarding his 12 knee operations

My knees look like they lost a knife fight with a midget.

darnfunnyonline.com

Posted via email from darnfunnyonline's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment