Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Fountain of Youth, Sort Of

I think I may have discovered the secret to maintaining ones youth.  I discovered it inadvertently, as many great discoveries are made.  There are still some bugs to be worked out but there is definite potential here.  By stating it here in a copyrighted article I think I am safe from having the idea stolen out from under me.  So here is what happened…I was looking into the mirror in the bathroom the other night before I went to bed and my face was virtually wrinkle-free.  I couldn’t believe how youthful I looked.  It was like I had gotten fifteen years younger.  I looked at my watch to see what time it was but I couldn’t really see because the room was dimly lit.  I don’t know exactly why I looked so good but something happened.

I woke up the next morning very cheerful.  I went into the bathroom to have a gander at my new look and was very disappointed to find that the wrinkles had returned in full force.  And with the sun shining into the window it may have even been worse.

I pondered for a while what could have gone wrong.  I looked so damn good last night.  Then it hit me.  Sleep must be the thing that caused me to revert back to my “old” face.  My first inclination was to take up the night life.  Unfortunately, I was never much of a party animal.  Maybe I could turn into a vampire.  Then I realized I was getting a little too involved with watching True Blood, so I canceled that idea.

Then the next night I thought I’d check out my face in the mirror again.  Same result, no wrinkles.  Then I thought I’d get onto the scale to see if I was losing weight at night too but the light was insufficient to read the scale.  I couldn’t figure it out but I sure looked good at night time.

All brilliant scientists go through trial and error.  I was determined to figure out my nighttime youthful origins.

The next morning, I have to admit I had a little less enthusiasm as I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.  True to the previous day my wrinkles had returned.  What was it that made such a difference at night time?  I sure didn’t know, but, I did know if I could figure it out I would be rich.  We all know how vain women can be when it comes to looking younger, unlike us men.  Oh sure.  I know what you women are saying now, “You seem awfully concerned about it yourself.”  It’s strictly for financial gains though.  I’m not vain at all!

(Mental note to self:  Once I discover this secret, that is so far eluding me, make sure to rub it into my male friends who still look old.  I WILL BE THE ENVY OF THEM ALL!)

Like I was saying I’m not at all concerned with my looks.  Anyway, I can’t wait until tonight because I feel like I’m really getting close to the secret.  I think tonight will be the big break through!

Okay, here I go, into the bathroom… YES! My night time youthful glow is back.  Hmm, time for a little more research.  Let me get another mirror and look from another angle.  I can’t find the hand mirror.  Oh, no wonder, it’s dark in here since the one light bulb is burned out.  Okay, I’ll change that.  Much better.  Let me look at my wrinkle-free face again...AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!...Oh Crap! I wonder how long that light bulb was burned out…Never mind.  (Who cares about a few stupid wrinkles, anyway.  Boy, women sure are vain!)

darnfunnyonline.com

Posted via email from darnfunnyonline's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment